Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Countdown Begins!

I just realized how neglectful I have been updating our little blog. I have to admit, I have become semi-addicted to Facebook updates instead! We have been plugging along here in NC for the last couple of months. Baby James is still in utero and doing amazingly well! His heart rate has been within normal limits for quite some time now, and his hydrops is completely gone! He is growing well, and weighs somewhere between 6 - 6 1/2 pounds right now. The doctors plan to induce labor on the night of Sept 30 (3 weeks to go!), and if all goes according to plan, he should be born October 1 (which just happens to be Grandpa Insetta and Aunt Jessie's birthdays!) So we are doing our final preparations to get ready for his arrival! It has been so long since we've had a baby that we are pretty much starting from scratch! But it is a lot of fun! We have been told that James will have to spend at least a few days in the special cardiac ICU that they have for kids, and then we will take it from there. Hopefully he won't have to stay at the hospital for too long.
In other Insetta news, the kids started school a couple of weeks ago. Kiera is in 4th grade, Nicole is in 2nd, and Michael is in Kindergarten. After an initial adjustment period (mostly on the part of myself and the 2 little ones), all seems to be going well. We are now in a nice routine and everyone is generally happy. Michael has his first soccer game this Saturday, so we are all looking forward to that! The girls both got parts in the local production of the Nutcracker, so they are very excited! We are keeping busy and enjoying life in NC. The weather here is nice, still in the 80's. I have to say, I will definitely miss the Fall weather in NY. That is my favorite season for sure. I will miss the leaves turning colors and the apple and pumpkin picking. But on the flip side, I won't miss it when the snow starts flying!
So that is it for us for now! Hopefully the next time I update the blog, we will have a brand new baby to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Jen of Cage Free Monkeys.